Columbus, Texas - The Columbus Community and Industrial Development Corporation (CCIDC) recently selected recipients of its community grant funds sponsorship program. They are:
- Live Oak Dance Center - Signage
- Columbus Ball Park - Renovations (construction of a backstop)
- Columbus Convention and Visitors Bureau - Information kiosks, information racks, improvements on community information sign, banners
- Columbus Little League - Pitching screens, astro turf, sun screen, sprinkler system and batter box templates
- Veterans Memorial Center Building - Building restoration
- Live Oak Art Center - Restoration of Brunson Building
- Columbus Garden Club- Downtown beautification projects (planters, benches, banners, signage)
Eligible activities for receipt of these funds are outlined in the proposition section of City Ordinance No.12-95. A summary of the eligible uses for these funds may be described as being for the promotion and development of new or expanded enterprise These include parks, buildings, equipment, facilities, and other improvements required or suited for amateur sports; athletic, entertainment, tourist, convention and public park facilities, including stadiums, ballparks, auditoriums, amphitheaters, concert halls, library/ learning centers, municipal buildings, museum facilities, parking and transportation facilities; and maintenance or operating costs associated with the above projects. Other projects not listed in this summary may also be eligible.
The CCIDC board administers the city’s half-cent 4-B sales tax revenues- approved by voters in 1995- for economic and community development. “Community Grant Funds available for eligible organizations or projects are for the current CCIDC fiscal year ending September 30, 2007,” says Chuck Rankin, CCIDC Board President. CCIDC is not obligated to award funds for any eligible project and reserves the right to reject any or all applications. The next grant process is scheduled to begin Fall 2007.
For questions or information about Community Grant Funds, call CCIDC at 979-732-8282, or speak with any CCIDC board member.